Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's just how I roll

For the past week or so, April has been trying her darnedest to roll over. She'll get to her side, then frantically start crying and flop back over to her tummy.

Last night we were all three sitting on the bed. Ralph and I were watching TV and April was on her tummy trying to eat the comforter. She started to try to roll over and we thought it might be it. Sure enough on her third try, she did it. I think we scared her pretty bad because we screamed and started kissing her and she had the biggest "wtf???" look on her face. I wish we would have caught it on camera. We had the video camera like two feet away. Ugh! She did it a couple more times after that, then started trying to roll from her back to her tummy. Yeah, fat chance. She got really mad then retired for the night.

I am so proud of her but also this new-found mobility means no more leaving her on the bed for a quick second to grab something to drink or go pee. Before you know it, we'll be baby-proofing.

1 comment: